Naruto: Crisis: Shinobi Fate

<

A Tale of Tails (Solo,P.NK)

Garnet Rose

A Tale of Tails (Solo,P.NK)

Post by Garnet Rose on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:32 pm

It was a normal day in Hyozangakure no sato as Garnet slowly walked down the streets littered with snow and ice, setting a leisurely pace seeing as he currently had no urgency in heading towards his current destination. Due to his recent promotion to chunin, he hadn’t been able to train with all the celebration and such so it was imperative to get back down into the routine so that he wouldn’t get out of shape. Last Garnet had checked he wasn’t an Akimichi, so that definitely would not do.
          Due to his slow pace it took a while, but eventually he had found himself in the outskirts of the village but not quite outside of it in a small forested area blanketed in a light coating of snow with a great view of the drop off from the plateau if you felt like climbing one of them. Right now that wasn’t really one of his priorities though, so he simply got to the standard stretching before exercises. Cramps were welcome. Right leg, 1, 2, 3. Left leg, 1, 2, 3. Switch to arms, 1, 2, 3 on each side. It went on for a couple of minutes until Garnet began to feel himself heat up in the chilly weather and found himself stretched out enough to begin his training now. Locating a large stump posted within for training physically a blur of red motion would be found zipping through the air  before it seemed to twist and deliver a kick straight to where the stomach of the log would be if it had one. The log stood there unflinching of course, however Garnet still had to congratulate himself mentally for not messing it up and kicking above the log. Accuracy had always been one of his problems when it came to moving without a weapon in his hands, and he was still trying to get over that fault even though he had been promoted. Ah well, not everybody could be perfect, could they?
            Garnet continued on with his assault, shuffling to the left before sending a punch to the upper part of the training log, his winter gloves thankfully absorbing most of the shock but still sending a painful twinge up the offending appendage as it made contact. The log was still unmoving, but now for some reason he could almost swear it was mocking him with the way that it refused to even budge an each or even just dent a little. So what he wasn’t that strong? Shaking his hand out and letting out a slightly embarrassingly high pitched yell of challenge he began to unleash a flurry of kicks and punches all over the log, heavily determined to do some sort of damage to this offending object.
         The day continued on and so did Garnet, white clouds of heavy breath heaving out from his open and panting mouth as he stared at the post, which to his chagrin had only the smallest of a splintering on one of its sides, as if it was saying that it took much more of this every day. To him though, it was good enough. He was fast, not strong, and that was something he had come to terms with a while ago. Sliding down the side of the now barely damaged object to sit on the cold forest floor his mind would begin to wander to random thoughts of food and missions as he toyed with the dead grass until eventually he drifted off into sleep in the middle of a field, weary from the exertion of assaulting an object. He had no idea how important of a day this would be for him yet.
          Garnet slowly came to when he realized that he no longer was where he had been when he woke up. Mostly this was due to the fact that the place that he was currently in was a hot, sandy place, however as he stood up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes he couldn’t help but notice the bright night sky that sprawled before him like something out of a picture book, a thousand twinkling lights glittering just to frame the fullest moon he had ever seen in his entire life, in fact it almost seemed larger than usual.
         “...Where am I?” He said to nobody in particular and was met with no response as his voice seemingly echoed out into the wilderness around him. Staying put for some time and trying to decide if he had either been somehow kidnapped or having one of those “lucid dream” things he eventually stepped forward and to his shock he could feel the sand in front of him suddenly heat up and he yelped and stepped back as suddenly the many grains of rock that made up a large portion of the desert turned to glass, creating a pitch black road towards somewhere unknown. Feeling a little nervous, Garnet tentatively pushed his weight on the glass and after he saw that it did not break began to follow the Black Glass Road, beginning a light jog so as to hopefully reach his destination faster.
          Eventually in the distance he began to see was he supposed was some sort of ancient ruin, odd large buildings that seemed to rise up like three dimensional triangle and others that seemed like they were of some sort of technology that was used once in ancient days but by not was long forgotten. By now the glass road seemed to point towards a large bowl shaped building that rose above all of the rest in the area, which seemed to be releasing varying levels of heat with each passing second, from below freezing to boiling hot. Disconcerted, Garnet hesitantly began to make his way forward, following the path through a side entrance which eventually brought him to a rather ornate set of stairs, which he then followed until he found himself in the emperor’s box of a coliseum. It was all nice for a while, until he looked down. And then the thing that was down there, looked up.
           “HUMAN! HOW DARE YOU DEFILE ME WITH YOUR PRESENCE!” The Seven Tailed Sphinx roared out from below in the pit, a large metal mesh separating itself from Garnet. “I SHALL RIP YOU LIMB FROM LIMB, AND THEN YOUR PARENTS SHALL FACE THE WRATH OF THE ICE KING,-”
          “Hey! Hey! Slow down! What the heck are you, and why are in my head?” Garnet was a bit slow on the uptake on this situation, as all he could make out from this vantage point was that a lion with wings and an oddly human face that all happened to be blue and white. Really though, what about this was normal? As Garnet floundered and began to trip over his tongue, the sphinx seemed to process this information that its host had given it before slowly uttering out its next sentence.
           “...You mean to tell me that my host is so ignorant that he cannot recognize me, one of the most powerful beings in the entire world! The Seven Tailed Sphinx! Even more, he is completely unaware of my presence until now! You…” It leaned closer to the barbed netting that surrounded the arena, squinting its eyes. “You’re a rather horrible host, aren’t you.”
           Something inside Garnet snapped and before he knew what he was doing he had pulled a dusty gold colored staff from where it lay on the ground and threw it forward through the netting, intent on defending his honor from the insult. The staff was swift and true, making contact with the Sphinx who let out an enraged roar at being attacked with such a measly object. Suddenly, he could feel the place begin to drop temperature lightly and before he knew it the world around him faded to black.
          Eventually Garnet woke up from his slumber back in the clearing with a crick in his neck, an exhausted feeling deep in his gut despite the nap he had taken. All around him in the clearing an even circle had been burnt through the snow and all the grass had dried out, and for some reason here and there he could see a couple of claw marks had dug into the ground. Slowly sitting up in fear, Garnet began to run back home as quick as he could so that nobody could connect the evidence to him. Something was wrong.

current total (I update this for my own sanity with each post)
total of 1411 words

Claiming V1 1st tail
Claiming 411 words towards V1 2nd Tail
Claiming 6 speed stat points

Last edited by Garnet Rose on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Garnet Rose

Re: A Tale of Tails (Solo,P.NK)

Post by Garnet Rose on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:09 pm

A couple of hours later Garnet couple be found on the high rooftop of a generic house, holding a pack of cookies in one hand and a scroll in the other, completely unwary of the harsh winds wrapping around him as he continued to read from the text that he had snagged from a local library, a dreadful feeling beginning to sink into his very being, although thankfully the cookies were doing a good job from having him go into a complete funk. The more he read on this bijuu, the more that he wanted to go into a cave and hide forever. The Seven Tailed Sphinx, guardian of tombs, bringer of the frost and draught. One of the nine tailed beasts said to roam the land, beings of pure chakra almost impossible to defeat. That when sealed away into people, made them jinchuriki. But why him? How was it possible that normal Garnet with the normal knees had it sealed within him? Why wasn't he told? Who knew the truth? Everything he knew was being thrown into disarray and frankly he was beginning to freak out. This put a huge target on his back. If people ever found out the truth, he could be targeted and killed for this thing within him that he didn't even want. If the village knew, they'd probably try to put a leash on him or at least figure out some way to permanently guarantee his undying loyalty to the village.
        Horrible images began to flutter through Garnet's head at light speed until he eventually set  down the scroll, the cookies having already been eaten long before, and then curled up into a ball and shoved his palms into his eyes in an attempt to try and shut out this new situation to him. Darkness covered his sight, but he still could feel despair gnawing at his soul. He felt sadness, despair, and...wait, was that heat? Noting a faint red glow shining through his hands he slowly began to uncover his eyes and opened them before he found himself surrounded in an heavily bubbling aura that glowed red around him and set everything in a red hue. Quickly checking himself he found himself covered head to toe with the aura, which fashioned itself into claws around his hands and arms. On his back seemed to be two appendages that might be wings but it was hard to tell with the way they bubbled, and from his back sprouted two tails. No, no, this couldn't be happening. Panicking, Garnet quickly picked up his reading before dashing away, feeling to a higher rooftop just in case somebody would somehow stop him if he remained stationary.
       Around five minutes later Garnet stopped, now located on a much higher building on which the wind truly began to bite at him even through this odd cloak that seemed to heat the air around him, although really it wasn't the biggest concern at the moment. Garnet was currently scared because not only could he not figure out why the cloak was surrounding him, but dangit this thing just wouldn't get off. It was almost like a second skin, able to impact objects but somehow being able to let his hands pass through if he let it.
        His eyes still wide in fear, Garnet began to try and calm down slowly, stilling his breath from quick to slow until eventually he began to do so normally, unlike the almost hyperventilation he had been doing earlier. Still not great, but better than nothing. Alright now, lets analyze ourselves. On both a hunch and on a hint from the book, Garnet checked the coils of his chakra systems and was immediately met with a supreme difference from what it normally was supposed to be. Instead of the clean, pure chakra a person normally produced this was a malicious one, almost like anger incarnate with the way that it careened through his system, overlaying his own to the point where it actually had a physical manifestation in the world around him. Upon a little more investigation, he found that it seemed to be originating from a set of coils that seemed to have appeared from nowhere, or at least have never been able to be noticed until now. Okay, now, what to do, what to do...
      An idea popped into his head all of a sudden, although it wasn't exactly an easy one, and Garnet decided to put it to the test as currently it was his only option. Focusing on the overlying different chakra, Garnet felt a mental strain as he began to separate it from his own and painstakingly shove it back towards where it had originated in the new coils he had never seen before, Eventually he did so with a loud yell, which to his amazement was met by an even louder roar which had enough volume to rattle people for miles if anyone had been able to hear it. Startled, Garnet opened his eyes quickly and looked around for the source, noting quickly that the red haze was now notably not present in his vision. The episode now over, Garnet quickly began to hop down the rooftops again, this time towards his house, where he would be able to experiment with this freaky new power more without any persecution. That, and he could find some answers.

2308 words
2000 words for first 2 V1 tails
308 towards 3rd v1 tail
10 stats

Last edited by Garnet Rose on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Garnet Rose

Post by Garnet Rose on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Around fifteen minutes later, Garnet found himself in front of the entrance to his house once again. his world drastically changed from when he last exited it before. How could he go back in again, knowing how much had been kept from him? Did they even know anything? Would they react badly? Throw him out? His cape fluttered in the wind around him, suddenly clinging tight to his left side as if to say 'get a move on, idiot' before going back to just hanging where it normally would as the breeze died down. Steeling his will and trying to push away his emotions for the moment, Garnet opened the door to his house.
      Immediately after he opened the door he could tell that his parents were not home, as the smell of food was not currently filling the house as it normally would when they all gathered together as a family. However, it seemed that his grandparents were, as when he turned through the opening into the living room he found the two sitting on the sofa, seemingly reading some sort of book together from what it looked like.
      "Umm, hi Grandma, Grandpa." Garnet trailed off as he floundered awkwardly on how exactly he was going to get the information he needed out of his grandparents. Eventually he decided that he would just have to blunt, flowery words weren't anything he was good at and hopefully he could get to the point faster. "Have you guys been hiding something from me? Like, for a really long time? Please be honest."
      Jade let out a long sigh like air being let out of a bag before looking towards her husband, who grimaced slightly before turning to Garnet. "Well, Garnet." Hiro began. "When a man and a woman, really, really love each other-"
       "No no no no no no! I don't need that talk, I already know! Please, don't!" Garnet suddenly wailed, his cheeks turning red suddenly from embarrassment. Really, he hadn't meant for it to sound like that! Rewording it a bit in his head, he rephrased it a bit differently this time that it was before. "I mean like, have you guys been hiding something about me? Like I don't know, a magical seven tailed blue cat in my mind?"
       A tense silence filled the room as the situation clicked in the two elderly peoples minds, their expressions now turning into something like they had both tasted something sour and that of deep regret. Eventually Jade spoke up, with a heavy weight in her voice. "Alright boy, I suppose that you deserve the truth. Come over here and sit next to me, you might learn something. Let me tell you a story of the first days of your life, your great-grandparents, and perhaps one of the greatest disasters that could ever happen on an expedition known to man...."

2787 words
2000 words (V1 2/7)
787 words (V1 3/7)
12 speed stats
Garnet Rose

Post by Garnet Rose on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:49 pm

It was a dark night when the fateful moment finally arrived. The Rose family had been encamped on the edge of a plateau that gave way treacherously to an open, ice cold sea hundreds of feet below their current position, surrounded by around a good seventy-five other archaeologists, adventurers, mercenaries or other such people who had all gathered for the purpose of exploring an ancient tomb that had been uncovered thanks to a recent avalanche that had actually managed to unbury the large entrance that had been sealed off hundreds of years ago due to snow piling up. Of course, these doors now stood wide open as people now had been through most of it, however today was the final stretch in which they breached the final chamber of it, which according to all the scholars seemed to be some sort of ancient tomb due to the inlaid features upon the door, mostly depicting some sort of afterlife that nobody was sure what religion it belonged to.
          Soon everyone was loaded and saddled up and every single person who had joined the team surged through the doors, eager to find their final discovery and then go home, the long nights of camping in the cold having taken their toll among them. Among them was the Rose family, currently bickering while little baby Garnet Rose, barely a week old watched with a curiosity that shone bright in his eyes as they carefully descended the worn stone stairs towards the final room, a straight path thankfully although it involved lots of downward movement.
        "I'm telling you, at least put a cover over his mouth." Said Hiro, indicating how the aforementioned baby was just casually inhaling all of the musty, likely mold infested air like it was no problem. "He's going to have an infection at this rate."
       "Oh, quiet you." Garnet's great grandmother, Sapphire, responded. "Little bit of mold never did anybody no harm. Besides, you did as well and look how you turned out? Although, I'll never understand why you went and settled down..." She trailed off when she saw the slight glower from Tourmaline, who apparently wasn't going to have any arguing when it came to her babies first expedition.
      All talk quoted almost instantly as they finally reached the entrance, halting as the surge of people suddenly stopped as the leader of the whole project, a rather elderly man with a prominent mustache who apparently had brought down a stool so that he could be seen above the crowd.
      "Attention! May I have your attention please!" The unimportant figure to our current story stated in a haughty tone. "Today, we set foot in perhaps one of the most ancient and if I may say so most important chambers in this here ruin. Dating back to ancient times, this tomb holds the bodies of-"
       "Just get on with it already!" A rowdy voice called from the back, likely belonging to one of the adventurers who were clearly impatient to get a move on at this point. "Nobody actually cares right now!"
       Slightly startled at this, The still unimportant man adjusted his mustache in irritation. "Excuse me young one," He began. "This is as I said an incredibly important piece of historical-"
       "The kids right! Shut the f@&* up!" That one was Aster Rose, who received a scathing slap upside a head from his wife for the uncouth remark. Seemingly rattled, the forevermore unimportant figure muttered something about "Youngsters and not appreciating history" before stepping down from his podium and with a flourish, pushing back the doors behind him with a flourish, causing a small cloud of dust to be exhumed from within the large room that lay beyond. In an excited rush, the crowd surged forward into the room eager to find their last new discovery.
      For many, it would be the last mistake they made. As soon as everyone was through, the doors closed with a sickening crash and slowly, a figure upon which a single ray of light shone began to rise to its feet. With a snow white body covered in silky fur, seven tails lashed behind in anger and charcoal claws raked the ground in apprehension. Blue wings and a blue mane adorned its upper body, which faded into the glowing eyes of a human face which seemed to have a regal expression, although it was quickly twisting to one of outrage.
      With a roar, the Seven Tailed Sphinx awoke and began to attack.

3535 words

3000 (V1 3/7)
535 (V1 4/7)
15 speed stats
Garnet Rose

Post by Garnet Rose on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:16 pm

"So that was it?" A confused Garnet said as his grandparents finished their long story. "What happened after that?" He had learned a bit from the whole story, but they had ended up cutting off right at the end. What kind of thing was that? Who finished a story without an ending?
            "Garnet, I'd rather not recount what happened on that day any longer, at least for now. You have to understand, it was a very traumatic experience for us and I'm quite sure that you wouldn't want your grandparents to dissolve into a complete wreck. I promise that we'll tell you sometime soon, but for now I would appreciate it if you did not press the issue." With that Jade stood up and quickly left, slight shakes noticeable in her hands as she tottered away into the kitchen and evidently began preparing that nights dinner if the clanking sounds were enough evidence. His grandfather too, soon left after a couple of minutes in silence, giving him a "knowing" look before simply leaving him behind.
             At this point Garnet was annoyed in all honesty. It felt like he had some of his questions answered, but at the same time he still had so many questions left unanswered that in his opinion needed to be fulfilled now. Of course, that didn't mean he was going to badger his grandparents for more information, he loved and respecting them way too much to do that. Thus, he was left with the one option of stress relief, which came in the form of "The Forge".
             The Forge was the nickname that his grandfather had given the area where both him and his grandmother worked their craft, preferring a space away from people in order to work. While it was open air, it was also rather secluded in that no windows faced into it besides their own which gave it a nice feel of privacy despite it being in the open. Lots of random bits and bobs littered the place on workbenches, pieces of cloth stored far away from the things that were known to be hot although right now nothing was lit currently as it was the "day off" this week for his family. While it was rather tempting to just go ahead and start creating and hammering until the sun eventually set, he knew that his grandparents would probably be displeased because they were running rather low on supplies and the market wasn't scheduled for a new shipment for another three days, which left him to simply sit on a stump feeling really put out it general.
          Boredom in Garnet is normally not a good thing. Boredom tends to lead to chaos and bad ideas, most of the time leading to really bad things or bad ideas that normally wouldn't seem so great if the situation was different. So when the passing thought of investigating those freaky coils that he hadn't been able to sense before popped in his head, he barely thought twice before closing his eyes and beginning to concentrate. Visualizing his coils and the chakra that flowed through him, he begin to trace them bit by bit until a few minutes later he could feel his entire chakra system, along with the beginnings of these coils that he had never felt before brimming with that malicious chakra.
        Now, I think you can figure out where exactly Garnet was going from here. Wouldn't it just be such a great shame to simply stop halfway with what he was doing? So, like an idiot he began to slowly drag it out of these coils and into his system, figuring that if anything happened he would simply separate it from himself like he had earlier that day. At first, he couldn't really feel the difference as he had only been drawing minute amounts of chakra from his tailed beast, who unbeknownst to him was throwing an absolute hissy fit over how his ABSOLUTELY INCOMPETENT, FOOL OF A HOST was siphoning off his chakra with reckless abandon into his own stream. Of course, he then began to get cocky as he drew larger amounts into his system, eventually feeling a strange warmth surround him as he felt a strange sense of fullness not coming from his stomach, but from his chakra system. Uh oh.
       Finally opening his eyes with a shock, Garnet looked around and found himself once again in the red haze, although this time it was much more defined then it had been before, when it was almost hazy. The claws on his hands and feet were much more clearly defined and the wings on his back seemed to have gained definition to the point that feathers were visible, though not incredibly detailed. To Garnet, it was incredibly strange how not only a few hours ago it had seemed so shapeless yet not it was much different than before. What had changed?
      Waving his arms around experimentally to his surprise his right claw suddenly extended a good few feet in a long arc that clawed at the air before retracting back towards him. Okay, that was weird....but cool. Waving the left claw wielded the same result, as did his feet but that was a bit more awkward as one didn't exactly wave with their feet. On a thought, he tried to go ahead and move his tails which was considerably harder as he had no idea how exactly one moved something that wasn't an actual part of their body in the first place until he remembered that it was made up of chakra, a guidable and moldable force. Watching the tails swing back and forth in slightly jerky movements behind him as he mentally forced them to wiggle in certain ways he suddenly noticed that there was an odd detail that was off about this weird new ability.
      Thus, one of Garnet's worse ideas came to fruition as on yet another one of his hunches tried to pull chakra out of his new coils and into his system. Now, unbeknownst to him this whole time the Sphinx had been trying to reign in it's chakra which to its still lasting surprise had been snatching away by the foolish fledgling ninja, but this was the last straw. "FUCK YOU!" The Sphinx roared in his mind although he couldn't hear it, before suddenly yanking back its chakra through sheer willpower as Garnet tried to grasp onto another tail worth of power. Suddenly the jinchuriki became wracked in pain, black spots filling his vision as he suddenly felt the air leave his lungs, causing him to collapse on the ground heaving as the aura rapidly began to dissipate around him until it had completely vanished, leaving him once again unarmored and thoroughly spooked.
         Garnet had gotten too cocky, this stuff was way too new for him to go messing around so much when he barely even knew anything about it as of now. Still feeling rather achy, he forced himself back inside the house with the intent of no more looking into this for today seeing as it apparently was rather dangerous if that little episode just now was any evidence. The self investigation would need to wait another day when he actually knew what he was doing, and perhaps when he had some sort of qualified individual watching over him when he did try to pull on that new chakra again. The question was, who could help him.
        The question would plague him and no answer would be given, at least for now. However, that would be a story for a later time. Now, it was time for food and a rest filled sleep.

(exit)
4815 total
4000 (4/7 V1 tails)
815 (5/7 V1 tails)
18 speed stats
Garnet Rose

Post by Garnet Rose on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:45 pm

bump of the bumps~
Garnet Rose

Post by Garnet Rose on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:51 pm