Naruto: Crisis: Shinobi Fate

<

Answering the Summons (P,NK)

Saya

Answering the Summons (P,NK)

Post by Saya on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

A day had passed, but the empty feeling in the pit of Saya's stomach had not changed.  It was always there, always gnawing and nagging at her heart, and yet such was her expertise in ignoring it that it did not show in her eyes.  She was still the same girl as the night before, as the week before, as the year before.  Thunderbird was all she needed, and she still had him.  She had dressed herself as she always did, a simple black and white dress and a pair of soft soled shoes.  She took her spear from its stand and donned her cloak, the moments after her breakfast filled with the complicated straps and buckles that eventually kept her cloak secure to her form.  Its weight felt good on her shoulders, a literal version of the great weight she always carried with her heart.

Her path to the Jokikage's office was not a direct one.  Instead it was preceded by a long jog around the village.  Burdened by her armor it was a chore, however it was a constant habit for her to weave along the streets and allies of the city before the sun rose.  The city was emptiest then, quiet and peaceful, broken only by the soft jingling and swishing of her cloak and the multitude of steel plates which covered it.  By the time her morning rituals were done, the sky was just brightening, and the sun was only moments from cresting the horizon to bring a new day to the village.  It always felt nice to greet the sun, even if the chances of a storm loomed much brighter in her own mind.

It would be morning when she arrived at the Jokikage's castle, and made her way to the office.  The Kage had requested her presence the previous night, when she'd been witness to traitor's death.  It was sad, she had to admit, but his loss did not stay with her long.  She had already delivered the news to his family, and though she used as much tact as she could, Saya's lack of empathy did not fair well for the family that'd just lost their son.  She gave them what condolences she could, reminding them that Shinichi was a legend in the village, and advising them to focus on the glory of his past.  It gave them little comfort, but even the tears of a family did little to truly darken her heart.  Saya had no frame of reference, no history of her own in which she'd ever had a loved one, let alone lost one.  She raps three times on the door of the kage's office and then awaits reply.

This was more her speed.  Duty and honor were better companions than other humans.  The virtues would not abandon you, would not lead you astray, she thought.  The virtues would only serve as armor in the worst of situations.  The virtues gave a soldier something to be proud of, a guideline to keep their blades less stained with innocent blood, and more able to drink deep when presented with the blood of an enemy.  Saya was virtuous, even if she was lacking in friends and family.
WC=535
Kenshin

Re: Answering the Summons (P,NK)

Post by Kenshin on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:43 am

Kenshin watched in mild amusement as Saya stared at Konda for an abnormal amount of time, quite obviously sizing up the other girl, then without making so much as a sound she turned so that she was facing him, and just like she did with Konda she just stared at him silently with a blank look on her face, he didn't really mind the silent staring but he was not sure what to make of it nor was he sure what to make of Saya herself, unlike most of the people that he had met he was actually unable to get a good read on her, and in all honesty that was something that made him more than a little curious about the girl. "Saru Saya" said the girl rather suddenly, her facial expression not changing in the slightest, and the second that the words had left her mouth she fell into silence once again. Kenshin assumed that she was going for the traditional type of greeting with the family or clan name first then followed by the given name, since Saya seemed like more of a fit for her given name than Saru

"Saya, that's a nice name, I am Uzumaki Kenshin" he said with a small smirk on his face, deciding that if she would go with the traditional style of greeting then he might as well do the same, especially since as a member of one of the more prominent clans in Joki he had been taught that was the proper way to introduce oneself, but then again he didn't really use that style of greeting unless either someone does so first or he feels that the person is important enough to deserve it. Kenshin would then turn to face the other girl, to him she looked to be around 15 years old, but then again it was entirely possible that she was a lot older or younger than she actually appeared to be. "So, you know our names, what's yours?" he would ask her with a smirk on his face and a small amount of curiosity in his voice

WC: 353

Konda Otsu

Post by Konda Otsu on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:43 am

She made sure to memorize the names of the two before her she looked to Saya as she introduced her self,she could only see a emotionless statue of a girl before her but she could sense she was tough despite her appearance before moving her gaze over to Kenshin Uzumaki she heard about them and there prowess with chakra and regeneration so that caused her to tense up a little more then she already was. When she was asked to introduce her self she scrambled for the best tone she could think of that wont offend him, what she wouldn't do for better social skills right now but she spoke in a calm somewhat soft tone but it was distinguishable as to what she said "I am Konda Otsu it was all she said keeping her composure as best she could.
Saya

Post by Saya on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:42 pm

My name is a very uncreative, or perhaps ironic, name which was passed on to me by people I do not know.  It is a tool, a part of a weapon, the scabbard in which a katana rests.  She makes a slight gesture, shifting her left hand until it rest atop the handle of her sword.  It's saya was blue, most likely made of lacquered and polished wood.  The name, as it turned out, was my destiny.  I am focused on the utilization of my weapon to defend the village, and lay waste to it's enemies.

The words came out rather flat an monotone, but it was a surprisingly long winded bit of diatribe from the otherwise passive, ponderous, and silent girl.  It also seemed like she was not finished.  Her eyes trail from one to the other, then back and forth as she speaks.  Inspite of Konda's apparent anxiety Saya would not be so easily fooled into assuming someone was weak.  Underestimating the competition was often enough a fatal mistake.

I have been tasked by our lord Jokikage with finding others who are anxious to ply their trade on the field of battle.  If either of you two are interested, I would know what talents you have.”  
WC=208
Kenshin

Post by Kenshin on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:04 am

"I am Konda Otsu" said the older looking girl in a calm and somewhat soft voice, but her posture was a different story altogether, as soon as he had mentioned his clan name she had tensed up, something that confused Kenshin more than a little, maybe she had some bad experiences with his clan in the past. Kenshin was about to speak when he heard Saya begin to speak in her usual flat and monotonous voice "My name is a very uncreative, or perhaps ironic, name which was passed on to me by people I do not know.  It is a tool, a part of a weapon, the scabbard in which a katana rests" she said as she moved her hand to rest atop the saya of her katana "The name, as it turned out, was my destiny.  I am focused on the utilization of my weapon to defend the village, and lay waste to it's enemies" she said in the exact same tone, her eyes trailing between Kenshin and Konda as she spoke, the lifeless look in her eyes doing nothing to mask the intensity of the looks she was giving them

"I have been tasked by our lord Jokikage with finding others who are anxious to ply their trade on the field of battle.  If either of you two are interested, I would know what talents you have" she added on at the end, something that definitely got Kenshin's attention. He had heard Stein earlier when he told her to come back to him when she found people that she wanted to be her team members, but what he wasn't sure about was who would be teaching the team in the end, since the Jokikage hadn't made any mention of that when he was in the area, but there was always the possibility that the Jokikage himself would end up being the person who would teach the team, and training with Stein was not an opportunity that he would pass up "Well I don't know about Konda but I am very interested in this offer, as for what talents I have as I have mentioned I am an Uzumaki, and as such I am quite skilled in the art of Fuinjutsu, I am also skilled in Ninjutsu, I do have some skill with both Iryojutsu and Genjutsu but not as much as I do with Fuinjutsu and Ninjutsu, and one skill that I hope to pick up in the future is Bukijutsu, or more specifically, Kenjutsu. I don't have a great deal of jutsu yet, nor am I particularly skilled in the field of Taijutsu but I do know what my limits are, but unlike some others I strive hard and push myself to surpass these limits each and every day" said Kenshin in a firm tone and a small smirk on his face

WC: 476
Saya

Post by Saya on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:07 am

(Exiting Konda as she has left the site for now, but may return.

Uzumaki.  If she was correct that clan had something to do with seals, however clan knowledge and histories were far from her preferred field of study.  She listens to him, all the while giving him the same blank stare.  When he's done it's only a moment before she speaks.  The blank stare continues, but at least the long silence didn't come back.

It is difficult to see them as limits, if you are able to surpass them, she mutters quietly, before continuing in a more clear voice.  I would like to assess your talents but you do at the least sound like you have the right spirit for joining me.  I am proficient with ninjutsu, and in some ways it is one of my strongest skills, however I have long specialized in the use of weapons.  I would like to meet you here again, if that is alright, and you can give me a demonstration of your skills.

Saya was small, but she didn't seem weak or frail.  Just the cloak she was wearing alone looked like it'd crush the life out of anyone else her size, but she bore its weight with apparent ease.  Of course it wasn't easy, it was exhausting work lugging it around all day, however she had grown accustomed to it's weight, and bore it now without outwards complaint.  After her little mishap, bowling into Kenshin, it might be easy enough to assume she was without grace, but only fools assume.
WC=246

[exit, as Kenshin is dead]
Karumo

Post by Karumo on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Konda- null on EXP as left
Kenshin- null b/c dead
Saya- 1000 EXP
Stein- 1000 EXP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content