Naruto: Crisis: Shinobi Fate

<

Answering the Summons (P,NK)

Saya

Answering the Summons (P,NK)

Post by Saya on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:08 pm

A day had passed, but the empty feeling in the pit of Saya's stomach had not changed.  It was always there, always gnawing and nagging at her heart, and yet such was her expertise in ignoring it that it did not show in her eyes.  She was still the same girl as the night before, as the week before, as the year before.  Thunderbird was all she needed, and she still had him.  She had dressed herself as she always did, a simple black and white dress and a pair of soft soled shoes.  She took her spear from its stand and donned her cloak, the moments after her breakfast filled with the complicated straps and buckles that eventually kept her cloak secure to her form.  Its weight felt good on her shoulders, a literal version of the great weight she always carried with her heart.

Her path to the Jokikage's office was not a direct one.  Instead it was preceded by a long jog around the village.  Burdened by her armor it was a chore, however it was a constant habit for her to weave along the streets and allies of the city before the sun rose.  The city was emptiest then, quiet and peaceful, broken only by the soft jingling and swishing of her cloak and the multitude of steel plates which covered it.  By the time her morning rituals were done, the sky was just brightening, and the sun was only moments from cresting the horizon to bring a new day to the village.  It always felt nice to greet the sun, even if the chances of a storm loomed much brighter in her own mind.

It would be morning when she arrived at the Jokikage's castle, and made her way to the office.  The Kage had requested her presence the previous night, when she'd been witness to traitor's death.  It was sad, she had to admit, but his loss did not stay with her long.  She had already delivered the news to his family, and though she used as much tact as she could, Saya's lack of empathy did not fair well for the family that'd just lost their son.  She gave them what condolences she could, reminding them that Shinichi was a legend in the village, and advising them to focus on the glory of his past.  It gave them little comfort, but even the tears of a family did little to truly darken her heart.  Saya had no frame of reference, no history of her own in which she'd ever had a loved one, let alone lost one.  She raps three times on the door of the kage's office and then awaits reply.

This was more her speed.  Duty and honor were better companions than other humans.  The virtues would not abandon you, would not lead you astray, she thought.  The virtues would only serve as armor in the worst of situations.  The virtues gave a soldier something to be proud of, a guideline to keep their blades less stained with innocent blood, and more able to drink deep when presented with the blood of an enemy.  Saya was virtuous, even if she was lacking in friends and family.
WC=535
Stein

Re: Answering the Summons (P,NK)

Post by Stein on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:11 am

When Stein heard the three raps his arm stretched out the twenty meters to open the door, and then retracted as he saw it was Saya, the body of Shinichi on his table as he looked at the young girl, and he waved her inside as he spoke to her "Make sure to close the door on your way in please, and then take a seat" Stein would wait for both actions to follow before continuing.

"Well Saya, i thank you for delivering the news to his mother, however I must make an example of him, tell me Saya, what do you think should happen to him?" Stein went silent as he waited for an Answer from her to tell how she thought on the subject.

Stein's Battle Theme

Stein's Medical Sheet
Saya

Post by Saya on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:22 am

Saya enters quietly, removing her helmet as she does. She closes the door behind her as she goes, stepping up to Stein's desk. There she would first offer him a bow, then stand up stiff at attention. After presenting herself properly she sits, attempts to sit herself down in the chair opposite the kage's desk. She tries to push her cloak aside, tries to lift it, even tries to simply fold it beneath her, however the thick leather and strong metal plates which compose the heavy garmet do not make it easy. She becomes a little frustrated by the simple act of sitting, but finally finds a solition. She spins the chair around and sits in it backwards. It was a rather unprofessional and unladylike manner in which to sit, but at least it satisfied the kage's request. In the end she blushes softly, almost defeated by something so trivial as a chair.

I am proud to serve Joki No Sato, my lord Jokikage. The family was distressed at the news, but the memories of Shinichi's contributions to the village's past will help ease the pain from knowing that he was a traitor in the end. She replies in a steady, monotone voice. I think that was needed to be done, has already been done. Was there more you need me to do?

The body did not bother her. She gave it a cursory glance, but otherwise ignored it while speaking to Stein. It wouldn't do to split her attention while addressing her superiors.

WC=254
Stein

Post by Stein on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:07 am

Stein stared at the body for a moment and then looked up at Saya "So Tell Me Saya, Do you have a Sensei yet? I know the village is Lackin in Ninja at the time, but I know how certain Ninja will adopt each other as Master and Pupil" Stein would then go silent as he waited for an Answer, a Weird change of topic it may be, but he grew to like the intelligence in this one rather quickly and wanted to keep her close if her could, and his next response would be dependent on hers entierly

Stein's Battle Theme

Stein's Medical Sheet
Saya

Post by Saya on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:15 am

She pauses a moment to think about the question.  Sensei, no certainly not.  She had teachers, though.  From the academy, to simply watching the examples of those around her.  Peasants and shinobi alike brought lessons to her life, but she had one voice which guided her more than any other.

No, my lord Jokikage. she answers plainly, shaking her head slightly as she does.  Her hand rises from atop her helmet and settles over her heart.  Not in the truest sense.  I do have the Eight Tails within me, however, and lord Thunderbird frequently guides me, and teaches to me the code of Honor.  For all else, I am self taught.  I am not so sure if any wish to be my teacher.  But I am also not sure if any could be my teacher.
WC=135
Stein

Post by Stein on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:38 am

Stein could not help but smirk and he would walk around the desk and sit on the corner of it looking at her and asked her "Is that so?" in response to her remark of not sure if any one could be her teacher and then he spoke again shortly after " Would you accept me as a Teacher then? I do not know how much I would be able to train you in depending on your specilizations you wish to learn, but I can train you in more then just that, if your willing to accept me of course" Stein would go silent as he gave her time to mull over the offer, meanwhile he turned back to face the body laying on the table, and his hand began to glow, chakra scalpel was what he was using, and he would cut the skin, muscle and bone away from the heart, but being careful not to harm the heart itself, once that was done, the chakra flow would end, and then threads would push his hand out, but stop and threads would drop down into the body and carefully pluck the heart out, and pulled it up into the arm, which then closed up and the heart he just plucked from Shinichi's body would be moved and find its way into his chest cavaity and would begin to have threads hook up into it, he could feel the chakra in the heart flow like water, this was good for him, something he needed, he would then check to see how Saya was doing.

Stein's Battle Theme

Stein's Medical Sheet
Saya

Post by Saya on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:45 am

The words hit her pretty hard, though she did not bat an eyelash. Her lips remained pursed in the same subtle disdain for life they always held, while her eyes remained soft and empty. Reading her was a chore by even the most empathic, but after a moment she'd speak. It wasn't a request, as she saw it. Duty declared that when the Kage asked a question, it was the same as an order.

My lord Jokikage, I am not sure that I am worthy, but it would be my highest honor if you would take me as your student. I am sure there is nothing I can not learn from someone so wise and experienced. I am skilled with weapons, and with ninjutsu, however my interests lie in nearly every field.

She falls quiet again after that, and simply watches the Kage working. Medical ninjutsu was one of the few places her interests did not lie. The idea of working with flesh and blood and bones was not so much disgusting, as it was unsavory. Okay, so, maybe disgusting was the right word after all. Seeing the insides of a corpse did not bother her, she'd made plenty of corpses and seen their insides while she did, however this was something decidedly more invasive, and scientific.
WC=217
Stein

Post by Stein on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:06 am

Stein had heard her commentary, a little more long winded then he expected, but what an answer none the less, but fully expected by this point with this girl, he looked at her and nodded to her and spoke to her in a soft voice "Well then Saya, from this point on you will be my apprentice, and I shall train you in all that i have to offer, if there is something you do not like you may simply express your distaste for it and we can skip over it"

Stein let it sink in a moment and then he spoke again "tell me have you met any of the other ninja from the village? does any of them strike your fancy that could be a cell mate on this team?" Stein wanted her opinion, as he planned to make her cell leader, and thus she should have a say on the team she was partnered with

Stein's Battle Theme

Stein's Medical Sheet
Saya

Post by Saya on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:34 am

No my lord. she says, the words coming easily, but still flat and formal.  I've met few.  Kashen, of the two tails.  We had a practice match, but I find him reckless, and undisciplined.  He is not unskilled, however.  I.. have not many others. she says, finding it perhaps a little bit of an odd thing to have to admit.  She was isolated, it was simply how her life went.  She was not bitter, nor resentful of the fact, but it was what it was.

Remembering the match between them brought a bit of warmth to her heart, though it did not register in the icy exterior of the child.  She was simply too stoic to allow such emotion to manifest externally.  Kashen had given her a run for her money at first, but Saya was skilled.  Victory or loss, she viewed any match she had to work towards to be one both well fought, and well worth the effort.
WC=161
Stein

Post by Stein on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:06 am

Stein would rub his chin as he listened to her and thinking as well, well if she had not met many of the village ninja he might as well make the introductions happen quickly he supposed He would then lift the body on the table and offered it to Saya to carry "help me with a few chores and we will see about getting you introduced to some other ninja, and then you can tell me who you would like on a team with you" If she took the body he would cross his arms behind him and march forward, kicking his door open and held it open with his foot for Saya to pass through.

First thing first, he lead Saya to the front gate where he killed Shinichi, he planned to give a warning to other traitors with this body, once arriving he would use a hammer and nails to post the body up on the wall. Once he was done he would then lead Saya off towards the training grounds, this was where they would go to hopefully see some other Ninja that Saya could evaluate.

Stein's Battle Theme

Stein's Medical Sheet

Konda Otsu

Post by Konda Otsu on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:51 pm

Konda was at the training grounds practicing with one of the training dummies if she wasn't reading she was training it seemed, It didn't bother her it was better then sitting down staring at a book all the time anyways and she needed to keep up with her training lest her skills get rusty and if that happens she might as well forget even trying to advance in the ranks she wouldn't last long against the more seasoned shinobi but some day she will be just as tough.
Saya

Post by Saya on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Saya had done as instructed, hefting the weight of the sannin's body atop her shoulder, along with the great excess of her cloak. She bore the load with no complaints, following along all the way to the gate. She was silent as she went, following along with Stein, ever placid, ever emotionless.

"Yes, my lord." is all she said while being lead to the training grounds.
Kenshin

Post by Kenshin on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Kenshin was doing push ups in the middle of the Jokigakure training grounds since it was the perfect day for training, the sun was shining brightly and there was an almost endless breeze flowing through the training ground and keeping him cool as he did his push ups. Kenshin was clad only in a pair of long black pants, he had no shoes on and was naked from the waist up, his usual black sandals were on the ground in front of one of the trees on the opposite sides of the training grounds, while his white shirt and fur collared black leather jacked were hanging from one of the same trees branches, keeping them from getting covered in dirt. He had been training for so long that his body was absolutely covered in sweat, causing his usually vibrant red hair to look a lot darker and to mat to his forehead. Kenshin continued to do push up after push up until he had reached fifty, at which point he pushed himself up from the ground "Okay, that's ten sets done, now onto some more challenging training" he muttered to himself

Kenshin calmed his mind and began to channel his chakra down into his legs so that he could test out a technique that he had been meaning to learn for quite some time now, the Body Flicker technique. The technique worked by using chakra to invigorate the users body so that they could move at either short or long range at nigh-untraceable speeds, something that gave many the impression that its user had teleported, and thus giving it the name of body flicker, since only a flicker of movement is seen before they vanish, generally concealed by a cloud of smoke, so in other words all the technique did was give the user a massive increase to their speed, something that Kenshin was definitely interested in

Kenshin's body seemed to flicker once before it was concealed by a thick cloud of white smoke, and when the smoke cleared Kenshin was gone form that position, instead appearing near some of the training dummies a good forty meters away. As he appeared there he became aware that he was not alone in the training grounds like he thought that he had been, because he saw a rather young looking teen practicing some basic hand to hand combat skills on said dummies. She didn't appear to have noticed him flicker behind her, something that made Kenshin frown slightly since that lack of attention could get her killed out in the field

WC: 429
Stein

Post by Stein on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Stein would notice the two Shinobi on the field and then looked down at Saya and nodded from her to them and said to her " Why dont you go introduce yourself and see if you can get an Evaluation on if you would like either of them as a partner or not" and with that Stein looked back up at the Scene on the field, he spoke low enough that the two younger shinobi could not hear him due to the racket that hitting a training dummy made, plus the low howl of the wind, and the rustling of the leaves due to the wind, the sun was in a position that Shadows would not be casted foreward for the younger shinobi, but rather behind them, Stein wanted to flicker over and startle the one who apparently had more training, but he stayed back and let Saya handle the situation

Stein's Battle Theme

Stein's Medical Sheet
Saya

Post by Saya on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:02 am

Yes, my lord. She says quietly, flatly.  There was no life in her words, no life in her eyes.  She did not seem dead, she simply seemed.. off.  She was placid, vacant, devoid of the emotions that fueled the motives and dreams of so many others.  She takes a few steps forward away from Stein and towards Kenshin, watching as he uses body flicker.  A simple enough technique, but it was a very important one to know.  Saya knew it too.  Once she was within the 40meters required of her, she'd vanish from her spot in a small swirl of grass and dust.

She appears in the next instant directly in front of Kenshin, crouched low and leaning heavily forward.  Her hand is already gripping the handle of her katana, a split second pause giving Kenshin just as much time to react to her sudden, and threatening appearance.  Her eyes did not lock with his, no, the settled on the taller man's chest, but that does nothing to remove the soft nothing from her gaze.  She was cold, unsettling, devoid of emotion and yet supremely threatening.  The helmet she wears is wide rimmed, steel, and emblazoned with the symbol for Jokigakure on it's front.  Her cloak was something thick and heavy, shining, the morning sun glinting and sparkling across a small sea of thick scale shaped plates of hardened steel.  Even as she was about the draw the thick leather was settling down around her, the plates jingling and swishing in a manner very obvious for a shinobi.  The sound alone could have alerted him to her presence, if she was not standing right in front of him.

The half second to react is all he is given before she leans into her opponent, and begins pulling the sword from her saya.  It wasn't a sword though, no, Saya would not go that far.  Instead it was her bokken, a thick, katana shaped plank of polished and stained wood, cut to be the same shape and length of her katana.  At least, should it impact, it would not cleave the older boy in two.

WC=356

Konda Otsu

Post by Konda Otsu on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Konda was hard at work timing her punches and coordination on the practice dummy she's trying to time her punches to flow with the rest of her attacks quickly so that she can be quick in her attacks yet cause maximum amount of damage she is looking for. Its a work in progress something shes been trying to perfect since she graduated the academy and she will probably be continuing to iron it out for along time.
Kenshin

Post by Kenshin on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:15 pm

Kenshin was surprised when he saw someone slam right into the girl that was training in front of him, when he had used the Body Flicker technique he had appeared right behind her and thus when Saya attempted to Body Flicker in front of him she had slammed straight into Konda due to the girl being in the position that Saya had Body Flickered to. He quickly jumped away from the two downed girls, the one who had just appeared and slammed into the girl who was training seemed to be the younger of the two, and obviously the more experienced, she definitely seemed strong that's for sure. Saya was clad in what looked to be a cloak made entirely of steel scales, something that would obviously be extremely cumbersome if it was actually made of solid steel, as well as a thick steel war helmet with the symbol of Joki proudly emblazoned on the front, identifying her as a shinobi of Joki, but that still didn't explain why she had body slammed into the other girl, and he wasn't about to take any chances

Kenshin levelled the younger girl with a small glare, more filled with annoyance and irritation than anger "Who the hell are you, and just what are you trying to pull?" he would ask in an irritated tone, his annoyance seeping into his voice as he continued to glare at Saya, he was extremely annoyed just because of the fact that his training time was being interrupted, but for some reason he was getting the feeling that this would be even more entertaining than his own training, so he would await the younger girls answer with his arms crossed and his guard up

WC:287
Ashura The Gluttonous

Post by Ashura The Gluttonous on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Kay here's the deal.

You two crash into each other because Saya is of higher speed than you. So go from there and have fun ^0^
Stein

Post by Stein on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Stein would watch Saya flicker into Kenshin before either reached fully how they wanted to, saya would most likely fall on her butt due to the force of the impact from what Stein could see, and kenshin being body checked would be knocked sideways , Stein would Flicker over to the two Ninja of his that rammed into each other , being far enough he was not standing on either of them , but he was close to them, and he reached his hands out to both of them and looked at them "Neither of you were very impressive you know this?" hopefully they would accept his help, He would look at saya "Find me when you decide on who you want to be team members" and with that Stein would leave the training grounds

(Attempted exit, Exp claim if successful)

Stein's Battle Theme

Stein's Medical Sheet
Saya

Post by Saya on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm

The impact would have been one of force.  It wasn't a shattering force, however her bulk and weight were certainly higher than that of the typical young girl.  She had not expected it, perhaps a bit overconfident in her control.  Perhaps she was also distracted today.  She had only recently been carrying a corpse over her shoulder, hauling it all the way from the Kage's office to the village gate.  There she watched while a fallen hero was hung from the front gate as a warning to others who may wish to go rogue.  Perhaps that was what caused the momentary lapse in her accuracy and judgement.

Saya bounces off him as she strikes, landing on her butt with a squeak of surprise.  There was no pain, the impact did not hurt her, however it did shock her for a moment and she say there wide eyes.  Off in the distance she'd left her spear behind, and it was balanced on its pommel with the head pointing skywards.  As she was scrambling to her knees, the spear finally topples forward and clatters harmlessly against the ground well behind her.

Saya presents herself in a position of humility and apology, still on her knees with both hands on the ground in front of her.  She bows her head twice before looking up, giving Kenshin sufficent time to recover before speaking too him.  Goodness.  You have my apologies, I must have misjudged the distance I needed to travel. she says, her voice not sad, not happy, not fearful.  She was as cold as ever, her face placid and emotionless, her eyes neither hateful, nor kind, not hard or soft; they were simply devoid of the emotion even this situation called for.  Internally she is already being chided for her breach of social protocol, but it was an honest mistake.  Perhaps this would prove to at least assist in judging Kenshin's character, if not his prowess.

After her apologies have been issued she rises to her feet. She takes the offered hand and is pulled up, spending just a moment to dust herself off, afterwards. Stein also may note just how heavy she was in that cloak, though a kage would likely not have difficulty in assisting. She offers the Kage a low bow as well, speaking to him in quieter tones since he is so close.

Yes, my lord Jokikage, I will report to you as quickly as possible.
WC=374

Konda Otsu

Post by Konda Otsu on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:20 am

Konda stopped practicing when she heard two people collide with each other, She turned around to see Kenshin and Saya. she was confused as to what happened to cause them to run into each other but she mentally cursed herself because she was so focused on training she wasn't aware of her surroundings at all she walked over to the group and bowed respectfully to them and tried to find some words for them but coming from someone who doesn't know a thing about being social to anyone so she scrounged for some words in the most respectful tone she could find.

Sorry to not notice you two here i must have been to caught up in training that I didn't notice you .
Kenshin

Post by Kenshin on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:00 am

Kenshin had just performed his Body Flicker technique when he felt something extremely tough and hard smack into him, knocking the breath out of him as well as knocking him back onto his ass "Oh man, what the hell hit me" he asked breathlessly, the impact having winded and dazed him. When he had recovered from the impact he looked at the young girl who was kneeling in front of him, she must have been the one who he had run into, and that strange cloak covered in steel scale must have been why the impact had felt so hard. He saw her bow her head twice before she looked up at him"Goodness.  You have my apologies, I must have misjudged the distance I needed to travel" she said in an emotionless tone, her face just as devoid of emotions as her voice

Before he had time to respond to her he became aware of the person who had just Body Flickered over to him, and it was someone that Kenshin recognized almost immediately, but then again it would be sheer stupidity for someone not to recognize their own Kage when they saw them, especially when the Kage looks as unique as Stein. Stein offered both of his hands out, one to him and one to the emotionless girl who he had collided with "Neither of you were very impressive you know this?" said Stein as he looked down at the two of them, his hands still extended for the two of them to pull themselves up. Kenshin accepted the Jokikage's hand and used it to pull himself up, dusting off his pants once he did so, he then watched as the Jokikage turned to look at the young girl who had hit him "Find me when you decide on who you want to be team members" he said to her, getting a low bow in response "Yes, my lord Jokikage, I will report to you as quickly as possible." she said in an extremely quiet voice. Stein quickly turned and left the training grounds

Kenshin had to resist the urge to face palm, he had just met Stein, the Jokikage and the person that he respected and idolized above everyone in the village and he had managed to embarrass himself and make himself seem incompetent at the same time, which is quite honestly the last thing that he wanted to do. He sighed lightly and turned to the young girl who had bowled him over, he could tell just by looking at her that she was a lot more powerful and experienced than he was, and in all honesty that actually made him feel more than a little jealous, but that feeling of jealousy was quickly overcome by just how impressed he was with it. "There is no need to apologize, it was more my fault than it was yours, I should've been more careful where I was trying to flicker to, I literally just learnt it so I really need to learn how to control it better" said Kenshin in a slightly bored tone "My names Kenshin Uzumaki, what's yours?" he asked with a small amount of curiosity, something that was rather rare since generally nobody interested him enough for him to bother asking for their names.

It was at this point that the girl who had been practicing her Taijutsu on the training dummies had walked over to them and bowed respectfully "Sorry to not notice you two here i must have been to caught up in training that I didn't notice you" she said, something that made Kenshin shake his head in amusement, since he didn't get to Body Flicker over to the training dummies he had not even noticed the girl before right now "I've been in this training ground for hours and I had no idea that there was anyone else here, I was way too immersed in my own training, so if you're going to apologize for it then I suppose that I'd better do the same, so sorry for not noticing you there" he said in an amused voice, today was definitely proving to be a lot more interesting than he thought it was going to be

WC: 705
Stein

Post by Stein on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:57 pm

(Claiming Exit and Experience for making a Relationship of Master and Student with Saya, Water Element from Shinichi's Heart)

Last edited by Stein on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Konda Otsu

Post by Konda Otsu on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:05 pm

Konda gave another respectful bow to Kenshin after his apology atleast he was nice about it where as some would berate her for having such a low attention span...its why she was out here the most to work on all her battle skills timing, coordination, speed, and awareness she obviously needs more work on her awareness as well. She sighed oh well she had a lot on her plate to learn anyway she was about to head back to her training dummy unless Saya or Kenshin had more to add
Saya

Post by Saya on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:48 pm

As the Kage wanders off, she returns her attention to the other two. First she settles her eyes on Konda, curious because she had not taken time to assess her yet. She seemed harmless enough, though Saya knew well that looks were often deceiving. Her gaze lingers long, too long, seconds longer than it should have should Saya have had any social skills. She did not, however, and so the stone gaze lingered, lacking any sense of friendship or enmity, no kindness or spite, it was like the emotionless face of a statue staring out beyond her towards the distant horizon.

Without comment she redirects her gaze to Kenshin. There's no smile, no change in that stone facade, even though he had accepted her apology. On the inside she was thankful. On the inside she wanted to be nice, and be happy, and say nice things to both of these people, but her exterior remained as immovable and as stoic as a mountain.

Why did she have so much trouble with this? Why could she not just say hello and introduce herself. Why couldn't she let her guard down, remove her armor, and join them at the training grounds. She could practice, play, get to know these strangers and make friends of them. She desperately wanted too, so little in the world would have pleased her more than making friends, but there was no sign of these thoughts on her face. Just that stone gaze, and nothing more.

She is silent as she ponders these things, seconds dragging out into an uncomfortable moment, an awkward moment where any normal human being would have said something, but Saya did not. Was there just something wrong with her? Was she a klutz AND terrible at meeting people?

Saru Saya. she says after way to long of a moment, as if the two words were sufficient to introduce her to another person. It was a traditional japanese name, surname first followed by her common name. So formal. After the words are spoken she falls silent again, her mind racing, desperately seeking anything she could say to end the uncomfortable moment that seemed to be dragging on too long.
WC=365

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:08 am