Naruto: Crisis: Shinobi Fate

<

Come On, Just One Drink! [Open, but specifically directed towards Roku and Kai.]

Kaishi

Come On, Just One Drink! [Open, but specifically directed towards Roku and Kai.]

Post by Kaishi on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:37 am

Give the tunes a listen for ambient music while you read, or not, the choice is yours.

|☁| Hello Darkness My Old Friend |☁|

The Jounin woke up, tossing a bit before rolling over, still half captured by the grip of slumber, and bumped into his bed mate, a younger Kunoichi. His large arm draped around her midsection, pulling her closer, though the girl barely seemed to notice, still paralyzed by sleep herself as well. For a moment, Kaishi thought he saw an impossibly, a relic from his past, in the dark hair of the form next to him - Emily. But, such a thing was indeed impossible, as Emily had long since passed into the afterlife, and last night's mistress was merely a booty call. the male fluttered his eyes, quickly realizing the reality of the situation, then rising, and gripping his aching head, the hangover was strong this morning. Kai quickly grabbed his things, not wanting to linger with the frequent fling, and fled, after all, all he needed was his shorts.

It was still early, well, at least for Kai, about 9:00 am and the first thing he did was shove his hands into the pockets of his cargo shorts, and head for the nearest breakfast shop. -Kai was a strong, able bodied man. Some might even say he was at the peak of his prime, at the ripe young age of twenty six. He was tall, standing six foot four inches, and his skin was dark. He was brunette, with chestnut colored locks that fell down around his neck and partially into his eyes, which he usually kept held back with a red bandanna tied around his forehead. His physique was that of a lumberjack's, rugged and built. He had shoulders that sat atop his collar bones line boulders atop a hill, and large powerful biceps and forearms as well. His had a muscular barrel chest, which jutted out fro his form and had been decorated by his age with tufts of dark hair, though not enough to hide the detail of his form. His waist, was rather slim in comparison, tightening as it neared his hips, and his eight individual ab muscles where accented by a V shaped outline that dipped into his shorts and disappeared. Without the usual top, and Jounin jacket, which he often failed to wear outside of missions, he often got strange, or flirtatious looks, though he honestly could have cared less either way. A quick stop at a local joint down the road and Kai woofed down a small breakfast of eggs and sausage, thanking the chef, then carried on towards the large building ahead, the Sukaikage's building, where he had planned to meet up with Roku today.

Kai was quite friendly with his Kage, perhaps often too friendly, and treated their relationship rather intimately, rather than distant. He considered the man a friend, and perhaps even a rival, to a certain degree. They had talked in the past about discussing business, and Kai planned on capitalizing on an opportunity, one which Roku had mentioned rather vaguely, though Kai had an idea as to what it was. He smiled, passing the guards and entering the halls, stepping past various doors and finally, to Roku's office. He raised a mighty fist, straightened his back, and gave a rather signature knock at the door.

Knock. Knock-knock-knock-knock...knock-knock!

|☁| I've Come To Talk With You Again |☁|
540 words
Roku

Re: Come On, Just One Drink! [Open, but specifically directed towards Roku and Kai.]

Post by Roku on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:54 am

It was still a rather strange feeling for Roku to be confined to an office rather than out in the field, in his element. It was a prestigious job that anyone should be gracious to be chosen for, but he was much more accustomed to running blades through people's chests rather than tenaciously signing the same signature on paper after paper. He made a mental note to hire an assistant soon and filed it away in his head, probably never to be seen again.

He was just taking a coffee break this morning, walking back through the corridors to his office with a coffee mug, black, in his right hand, holding a locket in his left. He habitually fiddled with it when his brain wandered like this, now an artifact entombing his daughter's lost love for him, a thought quickly replaced by the remembrance of his last encounter with her that led to her fleeing the room crying. It was a strange feeling not being able to read her emotions anymore, unable to distinguish pain from anger.

She blamed him for his apparent death, and still could not understand that he had no choice. But how could she? Her biological parents were dead, and Roku took her in with dozens of apparently empty promises to always keep her safe, and to always be there for her. He had given her hope and then smashed it only months later, just as it became a reality for her that she was no longer alone, only to prove that she should have never believed his lies in the first place.

But now wasn't the time for that as Roku rounded the final corner to the door of his office and a very familiar and welcomed face stood at the door that the Sukaikage was just about to enter. Oh, Kaishi! A very welcomed surprise!" He reached past Kaishi, opening the door for the young Sukaigakure Jounin and gestured for him to enter Roku's office. What can I do for you?"

It wasn't unknown to Roku what Kaishi wanted, but he wanted to be sure that this was something that he wanted and that Kaishi would bring it up himself as proof to that. Roku would never be the type of Kage that forced his men into positions and undertakings that they didn't want. Besides, as an ex ANBU, Roku knew it had to be a job that you wanted, because if you didn't you'd begin to resent it. He'd hit a patch feeling that himself, and it was a rough time for him.

He was working on rebuilding the ANBU corps of the village after its previous decimation. Most of the service had been annihilated in the fall, as they were the ones that were the most willing to die to protect as many as they could around them. He had been the commander before, and the feeling of pain that he'd experienced when he first received the news of their deaths still rode with him, nearly six years later.
Roku

Re: Come On, Just One Drink! [Open, but specifically directed towards Roku and Kai.]

Post by Roku on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:56 am

So it won't let me edit my WC in because my browser is messing up; 523 words
Kaishi

Post by Kaishi on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:14 am

Author's Notes: Hover over picture to see word count and character bio. Hover over text to scroll.

Kaishi

Sukaigakure

Human

Jounin

993 Words

|☁| Because A Vision Softly Creeping |☁|

Kai knew all to well the pain of loss, and the fickleness of woman. Though he carried around no locket no particular token to remind him of days gone by, he carried the memory deep in his mind, he was pained daily by the scars on his heart, and lived a life that served to pay service to her, Emily. The story he spoke so rarely about, about the woman who went off alone, Kai letting her, only to die. Emily was not a hero, she was not a martyr either, no, Emily had gone Missing Nin. Long ago, when the two of the were merely Jounin, Kai and his lover had gotten involved with an underground organization, one which spoke of great feats and loud voices that would one day be heard and felt the world round. It was a rather inspiring group, and while Kai saw through it, and realized the danger in such things, Emily did not. They promised her power, on par with the Jinchuuriki.

Emily had begged Kai to come, explained how frighten she was, of these men and women, of this would be power, of the future... but told him that if he would simply be there with her, she knew everything would be fine. For several nights this talk continued, brought up again and again, Kai denying her, begging her to stay each time. Apparently she grew tired, or bored, and fell silent. That same night, without asking him again for his approval and cooperation, she left, alone, and disappeared into the night. Later on that very same group was found, rumors reaching the villages of their terrible plot to stir the pot, and an elite team was sent in to what had been located as the headquarters, Kai refusing to go, refusing to fight Emily Except, he would never get the chance, as the report shows all the members of this terrible organization, in their entirety, had died; a side effect of the terrible power they had tempted to toy with.

His thoughts drifted as he stood by the door, waiting for the occupant inside to move across the floor and answer, hearing no such steps. Then, steps echoed through the hall, not from inside the room, but down the way off to his left. Kai turned, and met the face of his old friend, blinking at first as he realized the situation then laughing a hearty chuckle that rose from his belly, into his chest, then blared from out between his lips and echoed through the building. He smiled, and slapped Roku against the back, hard, but a friendly love tap, as the hand remained and massaged the Kage's shoulder, just as he was opening the door for them.

"It has been far too long, my friend! Your title has made you brief in public, scarce among missions, and difficult to contact. Is it worth it?"

Kai teased, setting inside with his friend. The large male bending to step through the doorway and then standing tall, looking around and whistling. He never had gotten used to Roku's new office, which was large and round and well furnished. Indeed, this is what it was like to be a celebrity, a hero, a great warrior. Kai himself thought that it seemed over hyped, as many a young ninja dreams of this title one day, and while Kai himself had always striven to be the greatest combatant alive, the idea of being glorified due to a title, and all the paper work involved did not appeal to him. None the less, if being Kage meant being the strongest in the village, perhaps one day, a Kage he would be, as nothing less was Kai's goal. For now, though, he preferred less glamorous positions, and while being a Jounin was fine, Kai wanted a greater challenge than the occasional mission, and was not great with children, often failing his students because he felt they were lacking n one degree or another; he had failed more Genin than he passed during his career. Roku, was thinking correctly, as to Kai's motives, and the Jounin stood, crossing his arms in front of the Kage's desk, puffing out his chest and showing an expression that seemed a bit anxious, like he was pouting.

"Eh, well you've got a pretty good idea of why I'm here, you forget, I read people well. Why ask a question, you already know the answer for? Mmmm, look, you and I both know, the ANBU need to be revived. The village is strong, but it would stronger with that unit back in place. I realize I may not always be a proper bureaucrat, and that the ANBU's job is a serious one, but I take the thing I respect, very seriously, more so than Most I'd say. There's also the fact that the whole secrecy thing is something I can live with, keep, and take to my grave. So, let's discuss bringing the Ops back, for the sake of the village and... to give me something of a challange, something to strive for once again, as I feel I have gotten lax in recent years...  would like to request being put in charge of bringing such a squadron back to life! Oh... but before you answer me, well, this is kind of a big deal, and I don't know about you my friend, but my father always told me the best business is done with a side of sake. So, finish your coffee, and your paper work for the day, then let's go get sushi, and I insist you do a round of sake with me"

Even should Roku refuse the offer to have an evening out, such was the custom with Kai's Japanese father, always ask twice, and in such a case, Kai would readily insist Roku come anyway, and was prepared for such a response, but hoped his charm would win the day, outright.

|☁| Left Its Seeds While I Was Sleeping |☁|

Roku

Post by Roku on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:30 am

Roku Enzoka, Sukaikage

It was true that the public scene wasn't one Roku blundered onto very often anymore.  Usually, he was here, in his office, one of granduer compared to his humble beginnings as a boy concieved during rape, his mother drug-addled and depressed, and never getting to meet or punish his father.  The boy grew up with very little, especially when he was lost in the forbidden jungle, never a luxury in sight, though it was true that, now, as a ninja, he made more money after a single mission than his mother made in an entire year, and she couldn't even be made to appreciate it because the life support keeping her going failed when Sukai hit the ground.

Mentally shaking himself, Roku made an inner promise to try to make more time for friends and other family when possible, considering even trying to date again, as it was true, the man was thirty-three and not getting any younger, and his loneliness was at an all-time high.  The only person he really ever made time for was Kassie, and she didn't want anything to do with the man.  Being nineteen now, she was fully capable of making that decision herself, and Roku wouldn't be one to force her to come home if she didn't want to anyhow.  Part of him hoped that she would one day understand his position at the time, but he really wasn't intent on keeping his hopes up.

Roku chuckled, breaking his temporary mental lapse and responded to his old friend's comment, Indeed it has.   If we're being honest, I do miss being out in the field most of all, and not getting to be out with friends as much has been difficult for me.  But I do admit, I'm finally able to make all those changes to the Shinobi system that I spoke of to you many a time, and I'm making it my personal mission to raise, not only more powerful Shinobi of Sukaigakure, but ones that have a better character as well."  It was true, as well, that there weren't many people at all that could oppose him, and Roku more or less had the control of a monarch over the village, with most of its officials dead and the ones that remained being either without hope or without power to disagree with any of the man's ideals.

To Kaishi's request for a drink, Roku began to respond in protest, saying Kaishi, it's 9 AM, it's far too-," but at that exact moment, one of the very few members of staff in the Sukaikage's mansion burst into the door and exclaimed in urgency, Lord Yondaime Sukaikage-Sama," at which point, Roku rolled his eyes at the use of his formal title, "Mrs.  Yuuichi is here to meet with you, she says she has an urgent mission for the village to-" and Roku had to hide the terror on his face, knowing that this woman was one of the hardest clients for the village to deal with, always trying to negotiate the danger level of the mission down, spending hours trying to have her C-Rank animal hunting missions reduced to D-Rank and really never giving up.

Roku cut the woman entering his office off with a quick glance to his already cieling high mountain of paperwork, a well-faked sense of urgency and panic in his voice that he was sure Kaishi would catch onto and play along with.  "I'm sorry, I can't deal with it right now, Kaishi here has found a possible security threat to the village and it must be dealt with immediately.  You'll have to handle Mrs. Yuuichi."  And Roku left the office swiftly, still carrying his well-faked sense of urgency and panic, knowing Kaishi would know how to play along and follow quickly behind.  Should he do so, Roku would look at him once the duo was out of earshot of the mansion worker and speak, a bit of amusement in his voice, "Let's get that drink, shall we?"

WC: 713
Kaishi

Post by Kaishi on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Again, hover over pic for bio and word count, hover over text to scroll. None the less, 812 words.

Kaishi

Sukaigakure

Human

Jounin

812 Words

|☁| Fools, Said I, You Do Not Know |☁|

Despite being rather unconventional, Kai was not the fool many often took him for, nor a slacker. His body alone stood as a testament to the latter, proving that the man, between his drinking and sleeping around, found time each day to keep himself in tip top shape. Concerning his often childlike demeanor, again, there was more to the story that meets the eye. First of all, Kai had what would be refereed to as a, "Peter Pan complex," where he refused to ever let himself get old, and chose to act young for ever; secondly, Kai was always playing a sort of game, you might call it, where he played the fool, in order to see who in the room could catch on. Most people where unable to catch his quick, witty remarks that hid behind falsified obliviousness to almost every situation, and Kai played such a game, pretending to be the fool, in order to see who the real fools where, as only those with a keen intellect, patient demeanor and sharp eye could often catch onto the fact he was far more aware than he let on. Roku, had never fallen for it once, and Kai respected the man for that, more than anything.

He was already scowling and rolling his eyes as he heard the Kage begin to protest. Then again, such was proper custom, especially among the upper class - Businessmen, royalty, Kages; ask once, and expect to be denied, as again to be polite, and if the man is a proud one, expect to be denied once more, ask one final time, and insist, and if he wants to join you he will not deny you again, if he does, then drop the proposal. Kai found such customs rather irritating, he preferred to be honest, blunt, and forward. If you wanted a drink, by God, admit it the first time. Before he could get around to the second proposal, however, the assistant burst in the door, causing Kai to quickly turn and glance back, reading the expression on the shinobi's face. Great, the last thing he needed was Roku to have an actual excuse to get out of this one, Kai had not taken this talk lightly, and had given much thought into when, and if he was even going to truly accept this task.

Roku did not seem particularly interested at jumping at the assistant's seemingly urgent request though, and in fact, had just lied. He even drew Kai into the lie, and while he had already, almost instantly, chosen to go along with Roku's little scheme, he would surely hold this against him, and remind him of the debt soon enough. His eyes narrowed, brow furrowing and his lips pressed into a tight scowl. Despite the Kage already having told the helper, Kai wold drive the issue home, as he pressed his body into the assistants, using his large build to easily taken the doorway, and move the other shinobi out of the way, which would also grant Roku a clear shot out of the office.

"Move! We haven't got time for this, you heard the man! Or would you rather this whole village be up in flames, within the our, and the blame fall on your shoulders alone?"

His gaze pierced the other's eyes as he stepped on through, and out into the hall, hurrying along shoulder to shoulder with Roku, taking large steps to set the brisk pace. Soon, as they rounded a corner and seeed to be far enough away it was safe to make light of the situation, Roku spoke first, informing Kai he was indeed ready for that sake. Wonderful, it seemed the silly repetitious tradition of asking time and time again had been skipped after all, and Kai secretly thanked the assistant.

"Let us indeed! And oh, never speak such ill words of Japan's greatest tonic again, my friend, it is never too early for sake! It warms the soul, didn't you know? Plus, you know there are several drinks you can have made with that awful coffee stuff you drink, if you'd prefer. I myself know a great little shop, just down the road here from your office, that has some of the best combinations of sake and whiskeys in town, they even use their proximity to your building as a marketing scheme, you know, professing often that they were allowed to set up so close due to the quality of their product. "Even the Kages have approved since the foundation of the village," they say! Now come, let us be off, to "Covent Sky."

With that, Kai would lead the way to a small bar, it's limited bar space making it a popular stop and go location, though Kai had enough of a reputation, the owner always welcomed him with a smile, and a seat dead center.

|☁| Silence Like A Cancer Grows |☁|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 am